13 May JOB POSTING: NORTH VANCOUVER Visitor Information Counsellor
North Vancouver Visitor Centre seeks a part-time Visitor Information Counsellor (“VIC”). The successful candidate should feel confident promoting North Vancouver’s tourism products and services by encouraging visitors to extend their stay longer. VIC will provide outstanding customer service and sales to the visitors of the North Shore.
Description of Duties:
- Approach, greet and welcome visitors to North Vancouver Visitor Centre.
- Answer visitor inquiries in person, on the phone, by email, and mail.
- Assist visitors in planning their sightseeing activities.
- Walk around the Lower Lonsdale area as a Roaming Ambassador, offering information and assistance to visitors and/or locals who may require help.
- Roaming Ambassadors will be walking around for a few hours at a time in all weather conditions and must be comfortable approaching people.
- Refer visitors to the complementary reservations services offered at the Visitor Centre.
- Secure accommodation through online bookings.
- Serve members and the local community by promoting local tourism products and activities that will result in visitors extending their stay.
- Acquire a sound knowledge of British Columbia’s different regions, publications, and programs.
- Monitor and maintain brochure racks and other publications.
- Post current event information of interest to visitors and locals.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the Visitor Centre.
- Monitor social media feeds and dialogues. Inform VIC Coordinator or any relevant update.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
Job / Skill Requirements:
- The successful applicants must possess previous customer service and sales experience.
- Have a solid knowledge of the local area and a strong desire to market the City of North Vancouver, West Vancouver and the District of North Vancouver to travelers from around the world.
- Work well in a team setting under pressure and demonstrate initiative.
- A second language would be an asset.
- The positions will start in late May 2019.
Benefits and Recognition:
- Share your passion for the area and province you live in.
- Gain further professional experience and knowledge.
- Training and certification of Destination BC’s Visitor Information Counsellor Course.
- Tourism Privilege Pass and familiarization tours.
Hours Per Week: 16 to 20 hours per week (Applicants must also be available to work on a rotational shift work schedule, usually from Thursdays to Sundays).
Pay: $14 per hour
Application Deadline: Friday, May 24th, 2019
Resumes with a Cover Letter are to be submitted to Visitor Center Coordinator no later than Friday, May 24th, 2019 at email@example.com
For a full job description and list of duties click here.
While we thank you for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada to be considered for employment.