02 Oct Recipe: Cranberry Apple Sage Stuffing
Thanksgiving is right around the corner and here at the Market we’ve got you covered. If you’re looking for an easy and delicious recipe to serve your guests for the Holiday, then this Cranberry Apple Sage Stuffing is perfect! Even better you can source all the ingredients from vendors at the Market.
Grab your vegetables, apples, and cranberries from the Lonsdale Green Grocer, the fresh artisan loaf of sourdough bread from Cobs Bread, and if you want to make a special display you can always grab a fresh centrepiece from Margitta’s Flowers!
Recipe from Aberdeen’s Kitchen.
9 cups day old sourdough bread, roughly diced (about 1 artisan loaf)
2 celery stalks, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1 medium granny smith apple, diced
1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
2 tablespoons fresh fresh sage, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons parsley, minced
1 tablespoon thyme, minced
1 tablespoon rosemary, minced
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup unsalted butter
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
Coarse salt, fresh ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease a 9X13 baking dish.
2. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and celery, and cook until softened and onions start to become translucent, about 6-7 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, mix together bread, apples, cranberries, cooked onion and celery, and fresh herbs.
4. Add half of the chicken broth to the mixture and stir until combined.
5. In a small bowl, beat together the eggs and the rest of the chicken broth. Pour into the bread mixture, and stir until completely combined.
6. Add a couple pinches of salt and pepper, and stir until combined.
7. Pour stuffing into prepared baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and cook for another 15 minutes.
8. Let cool for 5 minutes and serve immediately.
The Market will be closing early at 6pm on Monday, October 8th for the Holiday. We hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving with family and friends.