17 Nov PRESS RELEASE: LONSDALE QUAY MARKET 30TH ANNIVERSARY CHRISTMAS CELEBRATIONS
NORTH VANCOUVER, BC- The holidays are here at the Market. This year marks Lonsdale Quay Market 30th anniversary and Christmas would not be complete without a line up of one-of-a-kind events to kick off the holiday season. A few exciting new additions to Christmas at the Market: a Christmas Market, Breakfast with Santa, Card Making with PaperMain and Christmas with Elsa & Anna from Frozen.
Every year, Lonsdale Quay Market has a charitable component to their Christmas programming. This year all the proceeds from Christmas events go towards supporting Aunt Leah’s Place, a charity that assists foster children and teen moms to achieve a better future. Aunt Leah’s also sets up a Christmas Tree Lot on the East Plaza of the Market from November 22nd to December 22nd.
The traditional favourites will be returning to the Market as well, with live music on Wednesday and Fridays and children’s’ crafts on Saturdays. From December 9th to December 23rd the Market will stay open until 8:00PM to accommodate holiday shoppers. “Lonsdale Quay Market embodies the spirit of Christmas, people come to the Market to spending time with their loved ones and spread the joy of the holiday season”, said Director of Operations, Taylor Mathiesen, “The sense of community is ubiquitous.”
Detailed Christmas Schedule:
• December 7th, 5:30pm- 6:15pm: Wine Pairing workshop with Artisan Wine*
• December 8th, 5:30pm- 6:15pm: Holiday Card Making workshop with PaperMain*
• December 9th, 6:45pm- 7:45pm: The Ambleside Orchestra in the Rotunda.
• December 10th, 10:00am- 12:00pm: Christmas crafts by the Children’s Ballroom.
• December 11th, 8:30am- 10:30am: Breakfast with Santa at the Food Court*
• December 14th, 6:30pm- 7:30pm: Lyndon Davies, pianist and singer, on Retail Level Bridge.
• December 16th, 6:45pm- 7:45pm: Sax a La Mode will be playing in the Rotunda.
• December 17th, 10:00am- 12:00pm: Christmas crafts by the Children’s Ballroom.
• December 17th, 2:00pm: Christmas show by Perform Art Studios at the Retail Level Bridge.
• December 18th, 10:30am- 11:30am: Christmas stories with Elsa and Anna from Frozen at the Nest
• December 21st, 6:30pm- 7:30pm: The North Vancouver Community Band on Retail Level Bridge.
*Online registration is required for these events.
For more information on events please visit lonsdalequay.com. Follow Lonsdale Quay Market’s Facebook page for gift ideas for the holiday season. Tag @LonsdaleQuay and hashtag #ChristmasattheMarket to share all your Market moments.
Lonsdale Quay Market, located adjacent to the SeaBus in the heart of Lower Lonsdale, features a fresh food market with local products, an international food court, specialty retail shops showcasing local designers, kids shops and play area, full-service restaurants, and a boutique hotel, with unobstructed views of the Vancouver harbour and city skyline.
For more information or interviews please contact:
Jaemie Sures, Marketing Coordinator
604.985.2191 ext 313 | email@example.com